Friday, January 19, 2007

My first actual party... SXSW !!






I met up with Alex and the Directors this afternoon...they were on interview #7. Haven't seen them since.

But, while I was with them I hooked up with my friends Alexis and Nikki, and actors AJ Bowen, Scotty Poythress, Claire Bronson, and Chad McKnight from The Signal and we headed over to the SXSW party.

I introduced myself to the programmers. One of them, Matt Dentler, publishes a blog on indieWire, so it was good to finally meet him. I've been to The Austin Film Fest with my short Petunia, but never SXSW...someday....

Ran into Pete Ballard and Mark Wynns of Lab 601, and Brian Newman, who used to be the Executive Director of IMAGE Film and Video Center. I stayed in a condo with Brian last year.

Anyway...the party. Great food, lots of liquor (if you like that Hypnotic stuff), and a fun crowd. I finally got to meet Morris, The Signal's sales rep. Great guy and looks a lot like Bob Saget.

I bailed early and missed going with the group over to the PBS party, but JD & I had dinner reservations at my fav restaurant at 6:15, so off I went to meet up with him.

When I checked my e-mail, I found another party invite...this one for another Sundance film with Georgia connections. The Great World of Sound produced by Melissa Palmer and Directed by Craig Zobel. I'm hoping to get a ticket to their movie, but at least I'll get to hob nob some more. Their film is also repped by Cassian at William Morris, which means this party will be full of "somebodies".

No comments: